Friday, April 03, 2009

headaches

I've been experiencing increasingly-bad headaches lately.  I've had migraines in the past, but not for quite some time--in fact I can't even find my imitrex Rx, although I know I have it somewhere!

My recent headaches are accompanied by weird smells.  Specifically a burnt smell.  It's almost as if the smell and the headache are melded into one sensation.  I feel certain that if I could dispel the odor, the headache would also go away-- although intellectually I doubt that it would happen that way.  This has been going on for some time, but I've just now fully realized that the odor I am smelling isn't actually present (no one else can smell it, anyway).  My migraines/headaches have always been triggered by smells (Downy fabric softener is the worst!).  And I also have a very keen sense of smell in general--meaning I can almost always smell something before anyone else can.  But I have not been conscious of odor "hallucinations" before this.

Well, I'll be off to the doctor on Monday.  Wish these kinds of things didn't ALWAYS occur to me on a Friday evening!  

No comments: